For years one of my favorite meals has been a steak burrito bowl from Chipotle. When I was running a ton, I ate these several times a week because it was convenient. I also felt like I got a good mix of carbs, proteins and vegetables to fuel me for my workouts. Little did I know I was actually doing more harm to my body by eating this way. I’m not saying Chipotle is bad for you, I think it is one of the better options out there, it is however bad for me.
Yesterday I got a craving for my old favorite and decided I would make a quick and easy variation for dinner before we hit the climbing gym with friends. I made this dish very simple with just cilantro lime cauliflower rice and steak. Next time when I have more time I will add more vegetables.
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice:
1 head of organic Cauliflower
Cilantro – quantity based on preference
Half a lime worth of lime juice
1. Boil the Cauliflower until it is soft. Don’t over cook it because it will get too mushy and you will end up with mashed cauliflower.
2. Drain your Cauliflower and put it in a food processor with the lime juice and cilantro. Process until it looks like rice! Again don’t over do it, you don’t want to end up with mash.
Marinated Flank Steak:
1 lb flank steak (or whatever cut you prefer)
1/4 Coconut Aminos
1 tbs organic honey
1/4 apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup chopped green onion
salt and pepper
1 tbsp cooking fat (I used Ghee)
1. Combine all ingredients into a gallon size ziploc bag. Shake together well (think Shank-n-bake!) and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Place marinated steak into a large skillet and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
3. Drain the steak and dice into cubes.
4. Put 1 tbsp cooking fat in skillet and add cubed steak. Cook until browned to your liking.
Serve the steak over the Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice and enjoy!!