This recipe is about a week pre-AIP but still Paleo. I have since cut eggs out of my diet. Find out why here.
This recipe is courtesy of Jenny Castaneda on thepaleomom.com. I loved it and have even done my own variation of it since making it the first time.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 ½ pounds skin-on boneless chicken thighs, cubed into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 dried bay leaves
- ½ tsp coarse ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 4 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- In a dutch oven pan or deep pot, add chicken thighs, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, bay leaves and black pepper. Place it on the stove and turn on heat to low. Cover and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and remove cover. Season with salt according to taste and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken and sauce from the pot and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pot over medium heat, add coconut oil or ghee. Add the chicken pieces (minus the sauce) and fry for 2 minutes until golden brown. Add hard boiled eggs and pour in the sauce. Mix everything so the egg is coated with the sauce. Simmer until the sauce reduces slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with cauliflower rice and enjoy!